Wednesday 28 January 2015

Monday 16th January 12

A very quiet day, although as our youngest didn't go to school as he wasn't feeling well, by the afternoon he was back to normal so we had an hour of science lesson.

I did get out later in the afternoon and build some logpile, making a very attractive looking stack which when I've finished I may get around to taking some photos of, as I incorporated several split rounds in their original round shape.

But most of the day was doing things inside, including cooking potatoes for tea, making coleslaw, and later, boiling a large pan of beetroot and then when done, topping and tailing them and peeling them, prior to pickling some and making soup out of some. This took ages, as I estimate there were about 30 little beetroots to deal with...

No comments: