Wednesday 28 January 2015

Friday 20th January 12

Kinda mixed day, felt tired for quite a bit of it, but hardly surprising after a bad night's sleep and a very busy day.  I did however do at least two lots of washing up, jarred up two jars of apple rings and cycled round to the chemist to pick up a prescription for one of the boys.

In the afternoon I went for a coffee with Antonella and her daughter and grandson, and came back home via Freshways.

Later, before 6 I cycled into town again to meet David, who hadn't been out all day due to foul weather, and was itching to go to City Screen and meet his friend Elizabeth, who had just come back from Paris where she's been to an art exhibition and was full of tales of Matisse and Picasso. 

Richard Sheils popped in, and amongst other things, told us he was having an art exhibition at City Screen next month.

I took David home and did his meal and came back, collecting a Christmas tree I'd spotted earlier in the day.

Later in the evening, Gill persuaded me to watch Empire of the Sun with her... it was a good film.  She's seen it before and warned me that I'd find some of it upsetting, but it was worth seeing.

No comments: